Monday, March 12, 2012

Power.

POWER.
I'm having a "proud" moment right now!
About a week ago i bought an elliptical.  I figured that was the ONLY reason why I ever go to the gym, so why not get one, wear whatever I want, sweat my face off, and just run at it at home, when ever I desire.
Sounds so easy right?
No.
Every morning when I wake up, I think,"Oh Ashley, you have an elliptical, so go run!NOW!" I have been running,running,running, and running some more. I never was able to run, I always hated it. I still hate it with a passion, don't get me wrong. But I now CAN run. I can run miles. I remember all through middle school, I never could finish 1 mile. I would run a lap and then practically die walking the rest of the way. Thinking about those disturbing moments in my life, makes me feel even more accomplished. now. I can run like 12 miles a day, then get off and actually walk. Walk after?! I love it.

I remember when I first started working my butt off trying to loose weight, I had a goal in my head. I knew if I was ever to run 2 miles, I would be so satisfied. I never dreamed of sweating my face off/ running 12 miles. Never. Ever. Sometimes, I look back and feel terribly bad for my "old self", looking at little girls who were so pretty and thin. Who had all these friends. Who would go shopping for the cutest outfits. Then there was me. Looking back is hard, really hard. But I have never appreciated good health more then I do now. 

When I was overweight, I thought I was ugly because I was overweight. I now have realized I felt ugly because I didn't want to be overweight. It wasn't the fact I was bigger then everyone. It was the fact that inside I wanted to be different. I am so happy when I think about what I accomplished. I am so happy knowing I had the POWER to choose to eat vegetables. I had the POWER to take those awful comments I would hear, and run. I am so happy I had everyone behind my back cheering me on. I am so happy when my friends know I'm watching what I eat, that they bring me carrots instead of eating fries. I know that this all happened for a reason. I am glad I was the girl I used to be. I am glad I am the girl I choose to be.
POWER. 

No comments:

Post a Comment